Offered at $1,695,000
Welcome to 631 Murray Lane, Lafayette, a beautifully designed and built home in the heart of Burton Valley. Constructed in 1990, the single level, 3171 square foot modern floor plan offers 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths in a classic, traditional style home. Brick accents, divided glass windows, hardwood floors, coffered ceilings, wood burning fireplaces and custom features are found throughout this lovely home.
The spacious gourmet kitchen is located in the center of this inviting home and is connected to the family, living and dining rooms – ideal for entertaining family and friends. Opening to the kitchen is an oversized family room with a cathedral ceiling, beautiful built-ins, wet bar and brick fireplace. The floor plan also includes a home office with adjoining bathroom, large mud/laundry room, and separate bedroom wing.
The master suite is a welcome retreat with a spacious master bath, double sinks, soaking tub, separate shower and large walk-in closet. The generously sized bedrooms have plantation shutters, crown moldings, and designer paint colors.
631 Murray Lane has attractive curb-appeal with blooming Azaleas, Japanese Maple trees, and mature landscape. Enjoy dining al fresco on the rear deck in a peaceful setting overlooking trees, green lawn, and flower beds. You will love how this home lives both inside and out and the convenience offered by extra space in the three car garage.
The home is located across the street from a tree-lined green belt with a meandering path that connects to additional trails and is walking distance to the popular Burton Valley Elementary School and Merriewood Children’s Center. 631 Murray Lane is centrally located to the Lafayette Trail, Lafayette Community Center, Buckeye Baseball Fields, and local swim and tennis clubs. You’ll enjoy this fabulous location that is only a short drive to downtown Lafayette, highway 24/BART and other community destinations.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms – 3171 square feet of interior living space.
- Professionally landscaped ¼ acre lot. Attached three car garage.
- Gracious front entry opens to large octagon sized living room with fireplace. Adjoining the entry is a large formal dining room with custom trim and lighting.
- Kitchen (updated in 2007) includes:
- Ample cabinet storage and spacious pantry.
- Viking double ovens, GE refrigerator, microwave, and trash compactor, Jenn Air dishwasher and range.
- Granite counter tops, stainless steel sink and newer maple hardwood floors.
- Family room: soaring cathedral wood beam ceiling, brick fireplace, custom shelving/library unit. Wet bar with granite counters, cabinet storage and small prep-sink.
- Master retreat includes walk-in closet, soaking tub and large shower.
- Two additional bedrooms in the bedroom wing – each oversized and adjacent to hall bath. Hall bath has door leading to rear yard.
- Large mud room/laundry room includes cabinet storage, full size sink and counter space.
- Other improvements and features include:
- Custom crown moldings, baseboards and new door trim throughout the house
- Newer (2013) maple engineered hardwood floors
- Timbertech deck and backyard lighting (2008)
- Newer roof (installed in 2010)
- Newer waterheater (2006)
- Alarm system (2004)
- Newer fence along the left side (2010)
- Lawns replaced (2005)
- Bose outdoor speakers and in wall speakers in family and living room
- Walking trail across the street – connects to additional trails and open space
- 1/2 mile to the popular regional trail
- Views of Lafayette hills and gorgeous natural landscape
- Dual zone HVAC systems providing energy efficiency