567 Merriewood Drive
Offered at $1,139,900
Located in one of Burton Valley’s most coveted tree lined streets, 567 Merriewood Drive has the winning combination of an expanded, move-in-ready home that is just steps to the popular Burton Valley Elementary School and close proximity to award winning public schools including grades K-12.
Built in 1962 on a .27 acre corner lot, the single level 4 bedroom, 3 full bath ranch style home has a flexible floor plan (2579 sq. ft.) and is ideal for everyday living or entertaining family and friends. A remodeled gourmet kitchen and newly added 600 sq. ft. master suite are just a few highlights that this very special home has to offer. Natural light pours through the many skylights and Andersen windows and doors throughout this home. Enjoy views of colorful flowers, lush green lawns, manicured hedges, mature trees and a beautiful backyard patio with rose garden.
Savor and sustain yourself on this beautiful property in Burton Valley with great potential for backyard Urban Farming. This lovely, sunny setting, on a mostly flat lot, will appeal to those who dream about the chance to create organic vegetable & fruit gardens, raise chickens, consider beekeeping, or the ultimate pleasure of a terraced vineyard. This backyard offers the perfect opportunity and sunny conditions to nourish and realize this dream!
Expansive front lawns on this spacious mostly flat corner lot also offer many potential uses, including front play yards, ball playing, development of a courtyard, a possible pool, or simply enjoy the manicured English garden of lawns, box hedges, and enchanting rose gardens.
The top-rated and ever popular Burton Valley Elementary school is just a hop and a skip away! Great for busy moms whose lives are consumed by driving…and, well, great for the environment! For bicycling and walking enthusiasts, the beautiful trails, with California Oaks and fresh water streams will please everyone.
A short distance from your front door you’ll find the Lafayette Community Center, trails, parks and local clubs including a short walk to the popular Rancho Colorados Country Club with its fantastic swimming/tennis facility and further up Rohrer Drive you will discover beautiful horse stables. Enjoy this fabulous location that is only a short drive to downtown Lafayette, highway 24/BART and other fun community activities.
567 Merriewood Drive is a wonderful place to call home and offers the best of Lafayette living.
- 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom 2579 sq. ft. includes two suites and a flexible open floor plan with multiple living and dining options.
- New 600 sq. ft. master suite addition with oversized shower, Jacuzzi tub, double sinks/ vanities and spacious walk-in closet.
- New kitchen with cherry cabinets, Brazilian cherry flooring, granite counters and Viking refrigerator. All Bosch appliances including stainless gas cook-top, stainless convection oven and stainless dishwasher.
- Walk-in Butler’s Pantry with open shelving, cherry cabinets and beverage/wine refrigerator.
Brazilian cherry hardwood floors throughout (original oak strip preserved underneath throughout most of house).
- Two gas log fireplaces with brick hearth and custom trim installed in 2007.
- Two car attached garage. Inside laundry room with pedestal wash basin and cherry cabinets.
- Rear of property has cottage-style garden of heirloom roses, lavender and assortment of fruit trees (apple, orange, apricot, guava, lemon & olive).
- Beautiful stone retaining wall and stamped concrete backyard patio…perfect for al fresco dining and summer bbqs.
- .27 acre corner lot with expansive lawns accented by box hedges, roses, and mature maple trees with neighborhood swing.
- Home was built in 1962 and substantially remodeled and expanded in 2007.